Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Suggestions for SugarLand in 2012: How about a Timeless Country Rock CD by SugarLand, with classic country rock cover songs by Ricky Nelson, Everly Brothers, Eagles, Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, Moby Grape, Pure Prairie League, etc.? The songs I would want to hear: String Along and Poor Little Fool (Ricky Nelson), When Will I Be Loved (Everly Brothers and L. Ronstadt), Walking In Memphis (M. Cohn), Omaha (Moby Grape), Amie (Pure Prairie League), Put Some Drive In Your Country (Travis Tritt), Desperado (Eagles). Also, how about a SugarLand Fan Club vote on Wild Card Songs in concert? Also, how about a Blast Blast From The Past Past: with a pre-SugarLand Jennifer or Kristian song?

2. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Suggestions for 2012: How about a Missing Songs CD with Take Me For A Ride, That's How I Like It, So Long, Blood On The Snow, with the unrecorded cover songs Fire and American Girl and Walking On Sunshine and more? How about a sneaky peek song of a brand new SugarLand song at the next shows? Just some more ideas to kick around.

Scottbug
    Atlanta SugarLander since 2004

3. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 5:10 AM

I have to agree that I like the idea of coming out with a "missing songs" CD... some of those that I have heard on YouTube are GREAT!

4. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Yes, SugarLand has unreleased songs that are better than other artist's Greatest Hits songs. WAY better!!!

Scottbug
    Atlanta SugarLander since 2004

5. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 7:27 AM

Suggestions for 2012: How about multiple Writing Sessions individually with Bobby Pinson, Vince Gill, Al Anderson, Scooter, Lisa, Tim Owen, and Sara B. for the new 2012 CD?

6. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 7:37 AM

Suggestions for 2012: How about a Deluxe version of the new 2012 CD, a double CD with the brand new CD and a second Wild Cards and LIVE song CD? How about a really nice SugarLand SugarPass T-shirt for SugarLand Fan Club members?

7. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Suggestions for 2012: How about a SugarLand Song Wheel, with old great SugarLand songs that usually aren't played at SugarLand concerts anymore, like Mississippi, Already Gone, Honky Tonk Heaven, My Heart's Broken Too, etc., and great Wild Card songs like Pour Some Sugar On Me, Fire, American Girl, etc.? Also, a SugarLand Fan voting system on this website would be great. Just some ideas to kick around.

Scottbug
    an Atlanta SugarLander since 2004.

8. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Suggestions for 2012: How about a SugarLand Birthday CD and DVD, customized for each individual SugarLander? On my SugarLand Concert DVD, I would want videos of Honky Tonk Heaven, The Ride, My Heart's Broken Too, Turning Blue, Fire, Glory Days, That's The Way I Like It, American Girl. Maybe this is a perk for SugarLand Fan Club only?

Scottbug
    an Atlanta SugarLander since 2004

9. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Suggestions for 2012: How about 4 free tickets to a any SugarLand concert in 2012 for the best suggestion for SugarLand for each month?

10. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Suggestions for 2012: How about new individual CD's from Jennifer and from Kristian, released by Mercury Records? How about Mercury Records acquiring Jennifer's and Kristian's previous pre-SugarLand recordings and releasing them? How about an offshoot band from SugarLand and friends playing fun covers, like Little Willies or Pistol Annies?

Scottbug

11. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Suggestions for 2012: How about SugarLand Fan Club ONLY merchandise: special Fan Club T-shirts, special "legal bootleg" SugarLand concert CD's and DVD's, 3 separate SugarLand Fan Club cruises, an East coast, a Gulf, and a West coast cruise?

Scottbug
    an Atlanta SugarLander since 2004

12. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Suggestions for 2012: How about a SugarLand CD entitled SugarLand Smorgasbord with 21 songs. The theme of the CD: Diversity. SugarLand is a country band, a rock band, a bluegrass band, a blues band, a pop band, a soul band, a doowop band, etc. SugarLand Smorgasbord would have the missing songs from long ago, Honky Tonk Heaven, The Ride, My Heart's Broken Too, 50 Cent Lovin', etc., and the recent missing, That's How I Like It, Blood On Snow, etc., and the unreleased covers, Fire, Country Comfort, Pour Some Sugar On Me, etc, and the SugarLand tribute songs Red Dirt Road, Adeleina, The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia, etc. The Release Date: March 2012, and only SugarLand Fan Club members can buy the autographed copies at SugarLand concerts.

13. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Suggestions for 2012: For the SugarLand Smorgasbord CD, a few brand new songs, maybe co-authored with Bobby Pinson and Al Anderson and Delbert McClinton. For the first 10,000 CD's sold, a companion SugarLand LIVE DVD. How about a Kristian hat line?

Scottbug

14. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 3:31 AM

I'd totally get behind the History of Sugarland cd - but would they be able to do that with Kristen's name on the songs? Just a thought I had. A lot of your ideas sounds great, but don't overload them, lol. :P (I'm just playing but I am half serious)
    "Little Miss who you are is so much more than you like to talk about".

"Little Miss I'll get tough don't you worry about me anymore"

15. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Suggestions for 2012: For the SugarLand Smorgasbord CD cover, how about the SugarLand Billboard cover? I love that cover! And it is the total truth. Southern bands are rarely one genre. SugarLand is in a long tradition. Elvis, Ray Charles, Willie Nelson, Jerry Lee Lewis were country, rock, gospel, jazz, pop, R & B, bluegrass, etc. And with SugarLand, add reggae, hip hop, doowop too. All these ideas are just ideas to kick around, just possibilities.

Scottbug

16. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 7:19 AM

Suggestions for 2012: The theme of SugarLand Smorgasbord is just the scope of SugarLand music. Thus, all SugarLand music can be on this CD.

Scottbug

17. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Suggestions for 2012: Must songs for SugarLand Smorgasbord: Walkin' In Memphis with Little Big Town, Stand Back Up with Little Big Town, Glory Days (Bruce cover).

Scottbug

18. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Suggestions for 2012: How about a song that's never been sung at any other SugarLand concert at each SugarLand concert, so each SugarLand concert is one of a kind? Then, periodically, a One Of A Kind Concert CD, so all SugarLanders can enjoy the songs? Just ideas to kick around.

Scottbug
    an Atlanta SugarLander since 2004, because SugarLand has got SOUL.

19. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:16 PM

I love all the Sugarland band but only Jen should sing lead - all others would fall short for me. I'd love more live DVDs, more downloads of live shows, maybe a live DVD of the "before" and after "Indy" as a partial fund raiser? I would love a DVD of the private memorial they will have! I can't get enough of the "inside" looks they have given in the past.

20. Re: Suggestions for 2012

Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:18 PM

How about, members only, live webcast for Q&A. Submit Q's in advance or live? Could be a revenue maker for Sugarland OR a fund raiser, makes no difference to me. Sort of a conversation live with Jen and Kristian? I'd be willing to pay for that time!! I really love to get more information on this great duo!!